If you are thinking of getting into handguns or restricted rifles you will need to follow the following steps.
- Get your PAL license upgraded to an RPAL
- Purchase a restricted firearm
- When the firearm is registered in your name and you get it home contact the Handgun Director
- Arrange with the Handgun Director to attend a Handgun Safety Checkout Session
- Bring eye and hearing protection and your RPAL card and $50 to the Checkout
- After the checkout is complete you will need to contact the CFO by phone to have the new ATT condition added to your license.
- When you get approved the ATT condition will be added to your license (RPAL)
- Make sure you fill out the logbook at the range to prove that you are an active shooter and justify having your new ATT
- If your RPAL expires then your ATT will likely expire at the same time as they are linked to the expiry date of the RPAL.
Range use process
When you go to use the range please follow the following steps
- Make sure Range in use sign is flipped down to show range in use.
- Raise the red flag to show the range is in use
- Open the locker and sign into the logbook before you start shooting so you won’t forget to sign in
- Appoint someone to be the Range officer and have them wear an orange RO vest located in one of the lockers in the handgun hut
- Place your targets on the target backers to avoid shooting up the posts
- Clean up your mess at the end of the shooting session
- Put any portable target stands used back to their proper storage location not left out on the range
- No targets to be placed on the range floor, all rounds fired must impact onto a backstop not the range floor
- When leaving the range ensure the logbook is secured in the locked locker and the red flag is lowered and the in use sign is flipped up to the range closed position and lock the gate if you are the last one out
Need to contact us? Please do so by emailing Rockcut Shooting Club and we will be in touch with you soon.